The Results. Another record low this week!
|Δ from start||-38.8||-7.0||-24.9|
|Δ from Last||-2.0||-0.3||-0.8|
|Week 33-2: 120811||189.7||22.7||43.0|
|Week 32-2: 120804||191.7||23.0||43.8|
|Week 0: 110101||228.5||29.7||67.9|
Celebrating My Accomplishment! By, of course, immediately going on a four-day food bender and probably undoing a few weeks’ worth of progress. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday saw me average almost 4000 calories and 400 carbs each day. So, yeah, this is gonna turn out well……
Food Tracking. Counting the food I ate up to my new-low-weigh-in, here’s what happened:
|Avg. Last Week||1806.4||110.9||89.4||100.6|
Eat well, do well. Next week’s weigh-in scares me.
Damage Control. I usually follow a LeanGains-style fasting regimen: eating from about 5-9 each night but restricting myself to coffee, diet drinks, water, and broth the rest of the time. I’m considering trying an eatSTOPeat approach for the next few days (fasting for 24-36 hours) and skipping my meal this evening.
What do you think? Is that overcompensating? When I screw up like I have in the past few days, should I just shake it off and get back into my same routine or should I try to do something extra to counteract my egregiously bad behavior? Am I setting myself up for another failure by overdoing it?
How do you bounce back from severe dietary screw ups?
A Series on IF. I looked up IF again to remind myself what I had learned about 24-36 hour fasts and found this series on the physiological aspects of IF. It seemed well worth sharing.
- Intermittent Fasting – A Primer (Part 1)
- Intermittent Fasting – A Primer (Part 2)
- Intermittent Fasting – A Primer (Part 3)
- Day 130 (T, 110510) — 24-Hour or 16-Hour Fasting, Which is Better?
- Day 123 (T, 110503) — VFHD Day 3, Planning Intermittent Fasting
- Eat STOP Eat (ESE) by Brad Pilon
- LeanGains.com (LG) by Martin Berkhan
- Intermittent Fasting 101 Roman Fitness Systems
- Intermittent Fasting 201 Roman Fitness Systems
- Strength Training for Women’s post on Intermittent Fasting
- IF Life – IF 101 – How to Start
- Wellsphere: What Happens to Your Body When You Fast
Exercising. I haven’t run since last Wednesday. I am going to try to get out tonight if things work out and it isn’t raining. We’ll see how that works out.