24,603. That’s how many hits I’ve had on NJ4NY since the beginning. I know it’s not much, but it’s all I’ve got. Maybe I’ll break 25,000 for the year. Who knows….
I don’t often delve into the intricacies of blog management; I generally just write and if I get hits, I get hits. It’s cool if I do, but I don’t worry about it one way or the other.
Today, I thought I’d take a look and see what’s been going on (so far) this year.
- Best day? Yesterday, Day 355 (W, 111221) — Make Yourself Better, with 327 hits
- Best month? April with 3,105 hits
- Most popular item (besides my homepage): my 4HB Cheat Day Cheat Sheet with 2,452 views
- Least popular post: Day 209 (R, 110728) — Heading Home Today (after my sons’ birth) with 2 views
- Total Posts: 356 (including today)
- Total Comments/Trackbacks: 848
- Total Categories: 3
- Total Tags: 417
- Total Followers: 439 (12 WordPress.com blog followers, 12 WordPress.com comment followers, 72 Twitter followers, 343 Facebook followers)*
All Time Favorites. Just for kicks, I looked at my All Time Most Popular Posts/Pages. Here are the Top 20:
There are seven more which broke the “100 views” barrier.
On a More Narrowly Focused Note. Surprising things are afoot at NJ4NY: my traffic has exploded (in terms relative to my normal tiny trickle of visitors ;-)).
- The day before yesterday, I saw a three- to four-fold increase in hits over my average.
- Yesterday, that tripled again (approx. 9 to 10 times more than normal), making it the single busiest day to date on NJ4NY.
Why? I can kind of understand yesterday’s bump: I linked to a popular blog’s popular post. I guess I got some sidestream traffic that way.
UPDATE: D’oh! I figured it out. See this post for an explanation.
But Tuesday’s post was nothing. It was a total of 34 words (not counting the boilerplate Weekly Plan section) and all it said was I was feeling “blah.”
Looking at the search terms for these two days, nothing stands out (and some are downright odd):
Search terms from 111220 and 111221
|max capacity training results||3|
|Other search terms||3|
|Unknown search terms||3|
|4 hour body cheat sheet||1|
|what day is the 332 from jan 1||1|
|130 day fast||1|
|you’re amazing pic||1|
|no more cookies||1|
|4hb pull ups||1|
|4hb cheat sheet||1|
|occam’s protocol i: a minimalist approach to mass||1|
|occams protocol cheat sheet||1|
|paleo scrambled eggs dinner||1|
|printable 2 day food diaries||1|
|freebirds burrito bowl||1|
|Total search terms||21|
Referrers. My referrers don’t show anything unusual. I got a few hits from Google, one or two from Twitter, a few from my 4HB buddies at matthewkrick.com and 4hourbodyzone.com . . . but not much else.
Top Views. Which posts were viewed the most? Well, the home page tops the list both days, naturally, and yesterday’s post sit atop the list.
- Day 355 (W, 111221) — Make Yourself Better
- Day 339 (M, 111205) — A Comparison of 4HB Slow Carb, Atkins, Paleo, and Primal Diets
- Day Eighty-eight (T, 110329) — My Experience on Occam’s Protocol
- Day Seventy-nine (Su, 110320) — Cheat Day 11, STFD! (Eat Slowly!)
- Day 138 (W, 110518) — How Can I “Cure” Sore Muscles?, Max Capacity Training Day 2
Explanation. Anybody out there understand the vagaries of blog traffic enough to help explain why I’m suddenly getting more traffic? I’d love to be able to continue this trend. =)
The only thing I can think of that I’ve done differently, besides linking to a hot blog, is that I recently changed my RSS feed from summary to full text, but I can’t see that making such a big difference so quickly.
Plan for Week 51. Today I actively decided to break my fast with a Mooyah Three
Story iceburger on lettuce with: American cheese, tomatoes, pickles, avocado, bacon, sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, mustard, mayo, buffalo sauce, and Cholula. The cheese was not strictly SCD, but overall it was close enough. De-lish-us! =)
Red = a negative deviation | Green = a positive deviation | Blue = a note