Give Blood. It’s important.
From a purely charitable point of view, you’ll save someone’s life. People need blood every day. LOTS of people. Chances are good you or someone you know will need blood at some point.
When you give blood, and others know about it, it makes it more likely that they will give blood.
Give blood. Tell people. Save the world.
There are a few other reasons as well:
- You’ll feel good knowing you helped someone. Don’t discount how a little deserved ego boost like this can help your attitude and how well you do things like, oh, I don’t know . . . stick to your diet . . . for the rest of the day.
- It’s free and easy.
- You can get out of an hour of work (if you give during a weekday).
- If you make a boneheaded move during the rest of the workday, you can blame it on your giving blood and get a do-over.
- You’ll weigh less. (A pint’s a pound the world around. ;-))
- You get a free t-shirt. (You can skip the juice and cookies. ;-))
I gave this morning. (My job makes it easy, bringing a blood mobile to the office every 8 weeks.) And yes, I do feel good about myself.
I’ll feel even better if this post convinces someone to give as well.
Food. Last night was about 80% SCD. I had some Buffalo Wild Wings. In and of itself, that’s not a problem. Most of the wings were medium (which are low carb) but a few were Asian Zing and a couple were Teriyaki.
Adjusting for portion sizes, number of wings eaten, etc., I probably had about 10g sugars for the Asian Zing and 4g sugars for the Teriyaki wings. Plus I had a couple of french fries and a bite of Mrs. NJ’s steak and potato flatbread sandwich.
While not an all-out debacle, I’ve gotta be more careful than that.
Exercise. Fasting and working out on the same day and I give blood seems a bit crazy, but I’ve done it before and don’t expect to have any problems.
Yesterday my hip hurt. Today my hamstrings are a little sore. I guess I got un-used to doing squats faster than I thought I would. Bummer. Back at it today . . . .
|2||Cat Vomit Exercises||2||20|
|3||Push-ups||2||50||wide position, 1 set with 62 lbs., 1 normal|
|4||Pull-ups||2||10||assisted chin-ups and pull-ups|
|6||MEFT† — Dips||2||20||assisted|
Review. The workout went well today, despite eating beforehand and giving blood earlier. I did decide to skip the squats, feeling that that would be pushing the envelope a bit much.
Plan for Week 45.
Red = a negative deviation | Green = a positive deviation | Blue = a note