Heading a little bit off the diet-talk-reservation here . . .*
Yesterday, I talked about eating together. Today I want to talk about eating each other. It’s ZOMBIE TIME!!! =D
I think I’ve only hinted at it once or twice on this blog, but I am a big zombie fan. I thought I’d share my love of all things shambling with you guys.
My favorite zombie books are:
- J.L. Bourne – Day by Day Armageddon
- J. L.Bourne – Beyond Exile: Day by Day Armageddon (2)
- Craig DiLouie – Tooth and Nail
- Jonathan Maberry – Patient Zero: The Joe Ledger Novels, Book 1
I have lots more on my Wish List. Bourne has a new one coming out. DiLouie has a few more I want to check out. Plus there are Z. A. Recht’s Morningstar Strain books and a few from Peter Clines (Ex-Heroes and Ex-Patriots) I am itching to get hold of.
And of course, since I haven’t yet, I absolutely must get a hold of Max Brooks’ World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, the first infection of the most recent horde of zombie books. 😉
Besides books, there are some other fun things around the web.
For instance, Cracked.com has some excellent zombie-related articles:***
- 5 Scientific Reasons and Zombie Apocalypse could actually happen
- 5 Reasons You Secretly Want a Zombie Apocalypse (secretly?)
- 6 Characters Who Show Up in Every Zombie Movie
They also have some useful advice:
- 5 Popular Zombie Survival Tactics (That Will Get You Killed)
- 6 Signs You’re About to be Attacked by Zombies
- What’s Your Zombie Contingency Plan? 11 Practical Strategies
- Dealing With The Guy Who’s Clearly Hiding a Zombie Bite
- Zombie Survival (what it takes to survive)
- Zombie Survival Guide (tactical advice)
Even the gov’t is getting into the act:
Other fun “out there” books (not necessarily zombie-related) include:
- I am Legend (the original book, not any of the crappy movies; it’s about vampires but still is really good)
- The Road (post-apocalypse cannibalism; not exactly zombies but still a great read)
Have a dead day! =)
Update from Thursday, 110811. I should have had my MCT workout stuff here. I forgot. I also forgot to do the workout until it was too late. I wonder if there’s a connection here…..
Plan for Week 32.