Wow . . . 200 days. 200 posts.
During that time I’ve moved several hundred miles, lost a few pounds and a few percent body fat, shared some articles, some personal history, some insight, some advice, and some pleas for help.
Since my post on Day 100, I’ve:
- found a comfortable rhythm of intermittent fasting, slow carb dieting, Max Capacity Training, running, and Free Days
- explored Free Meals v. Free Days
- compared and combined 16-hour and 24-hour fasting
- had a so-so month, a really good month, and a terrible week
- injured myself again, putting a definite kink in my workout and running plans
- been alternately depressed or happy with my (lack of) progress
- and many other things besides
I cannot tell you how much it means to me when you read my thoughts and offer your experience, advice, tips, warnings, encouragement, and support.
I created this blog to keep myself motivated and honest. You are a big part of that. Thank you.
For the rest of the year, my goals are:
- get my weight down to 180-185 pounds
- bring my BF% down to 20% or less
- increase my pace when I run to an average of less than 10 minutes/mile
- run at least one more mud run
In this half a year, I plan to:
- take a full 2 week break from diet and exercise
- look further into Paleo and see what I can use in my personal program
- train for and complete a half-marathon
- learn more about nutrition and exercise and teach it to my kids
roll the dice plan carefully, work hard, and see how things turn out, shall we? =)
Easy walk today plus 60 pushups and heavy hands curls/presses. Stats for today:
- Distance: 3.10 mi
- Duration: 1:00:44
- Average Pace: 19:36 / mi
- Average Speed: 306 mph
- Calories Burned: 367
- Climb: 136
Plan for Week 29:
I am still looking for ways to “better” my walks / runs. On Saturday I added 20 pushups to every mile and bought some heavy hands to use for light-weight / high-rep curls and shoulder presses. Hone Improvement suggested I do dips, too, though I have yet to find a suitable place to do some.
Anybody have other exercise ideas I can work into my running
while I wait for my ankle to heal?