Today is MCT workout Day 5. Eight rounds of Tabata-timed exercises; lowest round scored.
- Elevated Push-ups: 3
- Bird Dog: 14
- Squat Pulses: 20
- Superman: 20
|Round||Elevated Push Ups||Bird Dog
That was definitely tough . . . but not as bad as Monday. I think it is because the exercises are not so hard on the legs. I was quite disappointed in my push up score, however. Yes, I was struggling and my form was shot but I thought I could at least hit 4 or 5 for my lowest.
I guess I’ll just have to do better next time…..
Another SparkPeople article from a few days ago: Top 6 Fitness Myths and Truths
- Myth #1: You can take weight off of specific body parts by doing exercises that target those areas.
- Myth #2: Women who lift weights will bulk up.
- Myth #3: If you can’t exercise hard and often, there’s really no point.
- Myth #4: Performing abdominal exercises will give you a flat stomach.
- Myth #5: You will burn more fat if you exercise longer at a lower intensity.
- Myth #6: No pain, no gain!
#6 is a theme I’ve talked about several times: hurting yourself is stupid and sets you back more than any possible gains you would reap from pushing yourself when your body has reason to say, “No!”
Procrastination and malingering are tendencies to fight against . . . but listening to your body is crucial.
Go read it. Good stuff here.
Today will be a LG fasting day. I stopped eating last night about 8. So I’ll start up again today at noon.
Breakfast @ 6:00 AM: nothing
Lunch @ 12 PM: half a Freebirds steak burrito AGG, Cissus
Dinner @ 7 PM: planned (moderate) Free Meal (with Cissus and other Damage Control hacks) — Mega Double Cheeseburger from Burger Extreme (no bun), some fries, some cheesy breadsticks from Pizza Hut, a bit of ice cream, some cake, some SF jello with a bit of Redi-Whip.
Other food throughout the day: coffee, water, Diet Coke, Monster Zero